meta/ is a highly-opinionated collection of tools to build those notes.
render.py, was designed as a monolitic Python program, which made it non-reusable. The goal of
meta/ to give exmaples of how to apply Unix ideas of text-processing and single-purposeness to support purpose-built, lightweight, semantic website.
- GNU Make for automation;
- Git for versioning;
- Python-Markdown for DOM generation;
- ElementTree for mangling with DOM tree.
In this iteration:
- dynamic pages generation is triggered from Makefiles, allowing separation of code;
- writing is less cluttered, as the sources are stores separatelu from the website like in Oscean;
- metadata is inferred from both Git and markdown files, rather then filesystem attributes,
- wiki-style links, and links verification.
- add history and meta for pages
- add footer
gmiout of Markdown